Sunday, July 31, 2011
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
There were many twists and turns in the road. When I asked Bob once why he stopped, he replied that "the turn radius of the road exceeded the radius of the car". In 2 consecutive turns with a 10 MPH sign he said "that means you're going back the way you came"! The scenery was so beautiful, I never picked up a magazine the whole trip. We rode with our windows down-no air conditioning-and used less gas than we would have on interstate travel.
We also stopped at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory and Science Center in Green Bank where we got some fun pictures I'll save for another layout.
We'd planned on stopping at an historical cemetery further north but were delayed--for 1 hour--at literally, the worst parade ever! Here's a picture, with a caption I'll have to censor:
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Digital Journaling Block (Echo Park "Be Mine").
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Digital Elements (2 Peas in a Bucket, Rhonna Fayer) (Michelle Coleman "Wild Sorbet" clips)
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Neither Bob nor I had strong photos from inside the store, so I added a photo shop filter (Fresco) to the larger photo to provide some contrast and accents.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Technique: I scanned the Fancy Pants Design "Simplicity" transparency and printed it on the background paper.
Digital Block (Robyn Gough "Nature's Touch") Digital Frame (Cottage Arts).
Monday, July 4, 2011
Journaling: "White Day at MHS. Could it be Chris is smiling at his Mother? Anyway, he has a lot to smile about, a Promise Scholarship, which pays most of the tuition, a Mountaineer Scholarship & Top of the Mountain Honors." 2011
Sunday, July 3, 2011
Saturday, July 2, 2011
I received this award from 2 blogging friends, Tracey-Garden of Grace and Debbie('s Scrapping Corner). Tracey makes lovely vintage layouts with lots of lace. Debbie amazes me with the work she produces in addition to driving a school bus with K-8 grade students! Thank you!
In turn, I must pass this onto 7 blogging friends:
Kelly (Creates) Kelly's writing is great like her layouts and you'll have so much fun reading her posts.
Anna C-Pictures N Papers Anna takes beautiful pictures around her southwestern Virginia home.
Amy-Little Treasures. Amy is multi-talented, knits, makes cards and scraps. She posts finds from flea markets and her pictures are lovely.
Misty-Perfectly Imperfect. Misty's work is eclectic and so creative!
Sharon-That Girl Fritchey Sharon loves music and her unique creations often use song lines to describe her family experiences.
Scrapbookertink. She has a fun blog!
Karen-KW Studio. Wait till you see the dress form she made. Talk about an artist!
Now I am to list 7 random facts about myself, so (1 from each of the decades I've lived in):
1) When I was a kid, I swam like a fish and did flips off the diving board. When we'd go to pools, the life guards would make me swim a lap because they didn't believe I was big enough to go off the board (I showed them!)
2) As a teenager, my first car was a black Chevy Impala (a 61). My friends called it the Black Pearl.
3) I met my husband in the darkroom while a WVU student taking a photography class.
4) I had my first child at 34 (married 11 years),
5) 2nd child just before my 40th birthday.
6) At age 50, I had thyroid cancer. That's a 90% curable one, but makes you live like it's your last day on earth. (That's not a bad thing)
7) And now, Bob and I are somewhat "empty nesters". Not quite (Chris is 3 miles away, thank goodness). I'm lucky to have my parents, siblings, colleagues, friends, children and so much to look forward too!
Thank you my friends!