Saturday, November 30, 2013

Friendly Beasts

When our 20 year old son Chris learned he had to work Wednesday-Saturday the week of Thanksgiving, he asked me if we could go somewhere Monday and Tuesday.  Chris is a WVU student and they have a weeks' break from classes, but his part-time job in retail called.  Of course, I'd love to take an overnight jaunt.

We decided on Oglebay Park in Wheeling, West Virginia, only 75 miles from home and a perfect holiday getaway with beautiful light displays and festivity through the entire park.  To our delight, it snowed the night we stayed just the right amount to make for winter wonderland scenery yet safe road travel!

Chris treated me by driving throughout the park and stopping where I could take pictures.  The stable animals were beautiful and so friendly.  They reminded me of the Christmas carol, "The Friendly Beasts" which describe the animals surrounding Jesus the day he was born.

  "Jesus our brother, kind and good was humbly born in a stable rude,
The friendly beasts around him stood, Jesus our brother kind and good."

Today is Small Business Saturday and I would like to recognize Mom's Memories scrapbooking store in Wheeling where I purchased the papers and note card on Tuesday as we left Wheeling.  Local scrapbook stores are few and far between near my West Virginia home.  The owner and associates are the best. Thanks to them for supporting the local economy and a creative outlet!

7 comments:

Adriana B said...

I LOVE horses too, our page looks so lovely :)

Dani Cristina said...

I love horses and your page is so impeccable!

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice layout as always!!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

This sounds like a wonderful trip!! Your page is just gorgeous to pay tribute to these beautiful beasts!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Sharon Fritchman said...

I remember Oglebay Park! such a beautiful place. Your photos are stunning, Cindy, and your page is such a wonderful memory! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, too!

Jennifer Shaw said...

Oh Cindy this page is magical! Beautiful in every way and your photos are stunning! SOunds like a fun winter trip!

Unknown said...

Love the photos! A wonderful/magical winter page!
Have a great Holiday Season!
Mandy