Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Shine for Me

Bob and I had a great getaway Friday when we traveled to Wheeling, WV to see the Festival of Lights at Oglebay Park. It was a beautiful day and we arrived at the park before dark and walked around taking pictures of the mansion, the Christmas shop, the deer and each other. The sunset was gorgeous. Then we got in our car and traveled through the 300 acres to see the 70 larger-than-life displays. Journaling to my layout: "The best lights at the Wheeling Festival of Lights were the natural ones. 'You carry your own light, shedding light on my heart.' November 2011"

Here is the layout I made in 2006:
Journaling from "Best of America": "Chris had several days off from school in November and we'd planned on doing something with him on the first long weekend. The weather was warm and it seemed like a fine time to go to Wheeling and see the light displays at Oglebay Park. It is America's largest light show, a holiday tradition that began in 1985."

15 comments:

Anna C said...

I love how you have showcased your photos on this layout. Beautiful Cindy!

I have never been there but have friends who have been there to see the lights and they loved them!

Marilyn said...

Hi my friend!!! lovely pictures, love the one of the sunset. The pictures in the second page are fantastic..love all the lights, looks like a fabulous place! Fabulous work!!! Hugs!!! :)

Margo said...

Lovely pages !
Hugs
Margo

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Stunning photos and wonderfully scrapped!!! :D

Lauren Loves To Scrap said...

What a great page. I love the sun and how you did the sides of the page. As always...I love visiting your blog. :)

Lizzyc said...

HI.. thanks for coming by my blog and leaving some love... and wow.. this layout is lovely.. i love the photos and i am sure it provides many happy memories for you.. i hope you have a great day!!

Carin McDonough said...

Lovely layouts and such beautiful photos! :)

reneabouquets said...

So gorgeous Cindy! Love that design and you really captured some beautiful photos, but my favorite part is the journaling! I love that you love Bob the way you do! Call me old fashioned, but I am a one man, woman myself and love my DH deeply, and it is nice to see couples still together and still in love after all their years together!

Unknown said...

I love the sun piece on the layout! Great page! I see some progress from the earlier page! :)
Thanks for the blog love! /Pia

Briana Johnson said...

Beautiful colors! Fabulous photos and sweet journaling. Sounds wonderful!

D said...

That looks like so much fun! Light displays are the best. The photo of the sunset is awesome!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

This is just gorgeous, Cindy! Love the bracket shapes inside the torn frame and the digi edges on your photos!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

I also meant to say, we've been to Oglebay several times, but never for the lights. ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Marek said...

WOW i love this page Too cool!!! Thanks for your visit my blog and Merry Christmas and Happy new year !!!!!!

Rita Barakat said...

Love it CIndy! I think I am goign to have to scraplift those edges coming out of the sides that lead your eyes directly to the photos!!fabulous!