Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sixty at 60

This year my childhood friends and I marked our 60th birthdays. . . a great time for our graduating high school classmates to get together.  While not quite 60 of us showed, it was great to get together with those who did.  I'm convinced that even though our looks may change, our character doesn't.  After 42 years, I still love my classmates.

Some people brought memorabilia.  Here I am posing with a school newspaper with my senior picture.


Of course I took a scrapbook I made as a teenager featuring pictures of friends and family:

 In the book, I paired poems or song lyrics with pictures of my loved ones.  In those days, instead of ink, I actually burned the edges of the paper with a match:


 I included pressed flowers and even a butterfly:


 And also pictures from magazines.  This was Olga Korbet, a Russian gymnast, I was told I resembled:





The memories just seem like yesterday and are clear when preserved on pages in time. 

10 comments:

Micupoftea said...

What fun- wow, 60! HAPPY birthday, Cindy. I have not seen any HS peers since graduation and I live within 5 miles of my high school. Love that yout took and shared your old scrapbook. HAPPY Summer, friend :)
S

Beebeebabs said...

Wow Happy 60th - such a great layout and photos thanks for sharing!!!

Marilyn said...

Wow, my friend what a wonderful experience. love your multiple photo layout...take care!xo

Karen Howard said...

Wow, goregous layout!!!

Charlotte Brochu said...

Fantastic layout! Happy Birthday Cindy! I love that you still get together with childhood friends!

Heather Landry said...

I didn't realize that you'd been scrapbooking since you were much younger. That's so cool!!!

Shona said...

oh happy birthday :) love your project and you are right...preserve the memories :)

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love your scrapbook from high school! How cool is it to meet all your school friends at 60!

A SASSY SCRAPPER said...

Wonderful post Cindy! I enjoyed your LO and the photos.....awesome work with the scrapbooking.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Happy 60th!!!! Awesome work - so cool to have such fabulous creative memories!!!