Sunday, March 2, 2014

Enjoy the Taste of Eating Right


March is National Nutrition Month and as a Registered Dietitian and an active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, I eat nutrient dense meals every day!  I'm lucky to manage a Healthy Cafe during my work week where I know I'm eating a healthy lunch.  Here are some of the meals I make at home:  

(Fideos is Spanish for Noodles)

















Manhattan Clam Chowder










I am a meal planner, registered dietitian and love to create.  I always convert my recipes to make them the healthiest they can be and to use items at hand.  Some of my current favorite sources for inspiration are Oldways, Laura's Lean Beef, USA Pears, Egglands Best, Eating Well, Clean Eating Magazine, Donna Hays and Food Network.

Registered Dietitians and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics are the best sources for healthy eating.

Time to fix lunch!











































 

6 comments:

Shona said...

wow and those look delishious too!

reneabouquets said...

Oh Cindy, you make nutritous look soooooo delicious!! I love to cook healthy meals for my family and love all the ideas here. I will definitely be peeking back for meal inspiration. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and wishing me luck on my G45 audition~a girl can dream right? Hugs to you and Bob!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Oh my! That looks delicious!! I love to cook and bake and my girls are enjoying it lately as well! The nice thing is that my oldest DD (she's 15) is helping more with making meals so I will definitely send her to your blog to try out some recipes! Yum! Thanks for sharing! xo

Connie Mercer said...

I'm simply impressed. We had hummus in Israel on falafel as - our equal to the hamburger:):) great post friend!!!

Heather Landry said...

Your meals all look so wonderful and you did a great job staging the photos. Thanks so much for sharing your photos with us.

Dani Cristina said...

Mouthwatering ideas here!
Thanks for sharing Cindy. :)