Saturday, December 23, 2017

Debbie Duckworth

Polaroids fade and memories do too, but I'll always have memories of summers at home.  Debbie Duckworth was my neighbor friend in our second house.  She was the only girl in a family of 7 or so boys. . . and there wasn't anything she couldn't do.  I remember walking the tracks and riding bikes.  My sister Terry, Debbie & I would ride her horse Queenie.  Queenie was a huge work horse and we all 3 would fit on her at the same time.  Queenie was such a good horse that looked like a buffalo.  We played board games and swam in the pool.  I once cut Debbie's hair when she was a varsity cheerleader.  She had straight, thick, pretty hair.  I thought I did a good job, but boy was her Mother mad!  

-Memories from the 1960s.

7 comments:

Trish said...

Another great story,Merry Christmas to you and yours Cindy.🎄

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice layout Happy Holidays to you and your Family!!!

Margo said...

haha, I'm laughing so hard now .... I only have cut my own hair .... :)
Love your LO and cherished memories !
Have a lovely Christmas with your loved ones !
Sweet greetings my friend !

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Lovely LO and such a fab story. Made me chuckle, too! Happy Boxing Day and best wishes for a happy and creative New Year! x

Heather McMahon said...

Haha - I love the story about the haircut! Another fabulous page Cindy. Happy New Year to you!

Connie Mercer said...

love your stories!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I can't tell you how much I enjoy this layout! I especially love the old photos and your wonderful and funny journaling!!!!!