Monday, March 5, 2018

February Cards


I can't tell you how thrilled I was to open my mailbox and find the lovely bookmark and pen from my lifelong friend Vicki.  I sent her the Valentine above with a favorite digital image of the lady with the rose outfit. 

 




I also made Valentines for my sisters and Bob with that same digital image. For my sisters:
"It takes more than lace and ribbons 
And lovely verses too
To make a Valentine
Thats nice enough for you
It takes a world of special thoughts
Tucked into every line
And thats exactly what you'll find
Inside this valentine."



 
For our kids.

"With all the sunshine things you do, (Greg & Michelle)
The smiles you share -the laughter, too -
With all the dreams you make come true...
It's great to have kids like you!"

 You are so very special      (Chris)
and this card has come your way,
loaded with hugs and kisses
because its valentines day."





 For Mom.

"Once upon a memory  
Someone wiped away a tear
Held me close and loved me,
Thank you, Mother dear.


 For Bob's brother David.
Valentines, valentines (David)
Red, white and blue
I'll make a nice one
And send it to you."


For my brother Jim.  (That's a tiny picture of him as a preschooler.

For Donnie, a life long friend, whose Mother died this month.  Alice was a friend of Moms'.  Mom wrote "loved her" inside the card.

"As the Lord welcomes your Mother home to perfect peace.
May he also comfort you and lead you through your sorrow."






For the Lemleys whose son died this month.  The obituary talked about how kind the adult son was, and that reminded me of the Dad, Clarence.

For our son Greg who was 31 on February 23rd.  I sent him a flash drive with favorite pictures of his first 3 years.

My brother in law Nelson is 70 this week.  My sister tells me they framed the card I made last year.

"Your special birthday has arrived
For 70 years you've been around
So many things you've seen and done
What richness in life you have found
Happy 70th birthday."

Most verse from craftsuprint. 

6 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

Your cards are so thoughtful! What beauties they are :)

Margo said...

Your cards are adorable !
Greetz
Margo

Cheryl (C Mom Go) said...

So many amazing cards to enjoy looking at...excellent work. Cards are hard for me to make, so I defiantly admire anyone that can create them. C Cindy GO!!!

Heather McMahon said...

Oh my goodness - you've been so busy! These aew wonderful! Your family and friends must be thrilled.

Trish said...

I thought the same,so many lovely cards with great verses,fantastic work Cindy

Trish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.