Tuesday, May 1, 2018

April Cards

Our friend Glenn passed away this month after a 2 year battle with cancer.  Glenn is the patriarch of a local farm family.  I so admired his work ethic and the entrepreneur he was.  This card is for his wife Terri and family.

"On the wings of an Angel, flying high,
Friends and family by my side,
Please believe I am not gone,
I know you'll remember me in a song,
You'll see the signs when I am around,
A feather laying on the ground,
A butterfly, fluttering by,
Yes I know I will catch your eye.
So please remember when you cry,
I never left, I am always by your side."
  
My colleague and scrapbook friend, Helen, had a birthday this month. She is thirty something and lives with her husband and daughter in California.  They are expecting another daughter soon.

"I wish you lots of sunshine,
On this your special day,
I wish that joy and happiness,
Will always with you stay,
I wish that everyone on Earth,
Will find a friend like you,
Who is sweet and kind and thoughtful,
And is loved a whole lot too!"

It was so kind of fellow crafter Connie to send me this stamp to personalize my cards.  Connie is the best!  This card is for her.

"You have a gift of enhancing things
Such a very special touch.
For your wonderful, thoughtful present
I  thank you very much !"


Another dietitian friend-Leah- celebrated a birthday this month.  Leah is one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met. 
"To a special lady
who is loved so very much,
You leave a sort of happiness
in every heart you touch,
So on this special day
I’m sending loving wishes,
Have a very Happy Birthday,
With lots of hugs and kisses."


My lifelong friend Nancy celebrated her birthday this month.  The card on the right is the one she sent me for my birthday.  I always enjoyed my time with Nancy-there was never a time I was mad at her!  Love her dearly!


"I sat and thought of years that have gone,
The games we played while the sun always shone,
The days that we courted and met husbands to be,
Then we married and were happy with our growing families,
Now older we are and how many things move on,
But our friendship has endured - it has always been strong,
May you be blessed on your birthday with all good things,
And take pleasure in our friendship and the memories it brings."



  Verses from craftsuprint.



2 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice cards!

Connie Mercer said...

I love my card you made and I'm displaying it proudly :) Glad you love the stamp and it all worked out :)