Monday, June 11, 2018

Mary Roho



    
Mary Rohozen was a Senior Worker in the kitchen at WVU
Hospital when I was first hired in 1973, I was a college
student, working in the kitchen afternoons, weekends &
summers.  Mary was friendly yet particular about her job.
It was Mary who talked me into buying some quilting frames
(as if I needed something else to do!)

    Many years later-in the 1980s when I returned to WVU
and was expecting, Mary (who was ready to retire) said
"Hey Cindy-I'll watch your kid!"  She was dependable &
would protect our child-so I took her up on it.  Mary kept
Greg at her house with Elizabeth and her niece Brittany
for almost 3 years when she had a heart attack.

    Mary had 3 sons of her own (1 who lived with her).  She
attended the Greek Orthodox Church and was known for
her delicious Nut Rolls.

1 comment:

Connie Mercer said...

Such a special page~ love your stories!