Tuesday, February 5, 2019

January Cards


My older sister Terry has a birthday on January 10.  This card is for her.


"Happy birthday sister
hope all your dreams come true,
you're someone who is special
there is no sister quite like you"




After Christmas we received a large package with a collection of gifts from Julie, who saves things throughout the year to send us during the holiday.  There were handmade apple placemats, a beautiful apple baking dish and a clear apple shaped plate.  Julie writes a handwritten note about her life and encloses.  I am touched by her memories of our time we worked together many years ago.  This is my thank you card for her.

"Thank you for the gift,
And all your wishes too,
To spend your hard earned money,
On me was very kind of you,
You really made my day,
And this card is to let you know,
I never will forget,
The kindness that you showed."



My former colleague Jim celebrates a birthday on Groundhog Day.  I couldn't resist making this card for him.

"Here’s hoping there’s100% chance you’ll have a Happy Birthday!"

No comments: