Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Preston Color

In 10 days we are traveling to Houston when I will attend a professional convention.  We will miss the peak of fall color here in West Virginia.  So we went to a neighboring county on Saturday to search for pretty fall colors.

Journaling:  "On the first Saturday in October, we drove to higher ground--Terra Alta--to see fall color.  2013"

The leaves are real-I picked them up from the parking lot when I was leaving work yesterday-they are gorgeous ornamental pear tree leaves and almost feel like silk:
 I have used these leaves many a time for displays at work. . . why not on a page?

The design on this page was inspired by a layout on scrapbook.com by Coletteb8's "She Loves Christmas Presents".

7 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

nice colors! Love the layout:):) thanks for what you said about my blog, I like your for the same reason:):)

Charlotte Brochu said...

Great idea to add the real leaves to your layout! Fall colors are so beautiful!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love the design!!! This is such a cool layout!!!

Connie Mercer said...

silly yes I sleep:):)

Heather McMahon said...

Love the use of the leaves. I wonder how long they'll last? Probably quite some time in a scrapbook.

Unknown said...

gorgeous page!!

Unknown said...

beautiful pictures !!!