Tuesday, April 28, 2015

April Cards


My friend Betty was my mentor since the 70s.  Betty asked her Kansas friend to make this fun apron and pot holders for me when I retired.  Betty and two of our other RD friends met for lunch on Good Friday when she presented this gift.  The friend card is a thank you for Betty.

"The company was a pleasure
The time we had a treasure
Thank you for the gift
You knew it would be
Just perfect for me".


Wilma retired from our HSC Kitchen many years ago.  She was a great cook and I've always missed her.  This birthday card is for her.

"You're always though a lot about
But especially today,
I wish you a world of happiness
on today your birthday!". 


Administrative Assistants Day is in April.  While Virginia filled that role at the Healthy Cafe, Tina, Lorrie and Stefanie in the Nutrition Services Department also helped manage a staff of 200 food service and nutrition employees.  These cards are for them.

"Here you are with a joyful heart
Working well and working hard
Helping gladly, quick and bold
Bringing joy to young and old." 



The card and book are for Allie, a gorgeous, sweet dietitian, and her husband, a respiratory therapist.  They are expecting their first child soon.

"To the lucky pair who now will share 
Their love with someone new.
The tiny baby I welcome you
And my best wishes to you." 


My friend Helen celebrated her 30th birthday just a few days after the birth of baby Claire. Helen is a dietitian and scrapbooker.  She makes beautiful quilts.  This card and book are for her and her husband Phil.

"May this very special day
Leave memories you will treasure.
May all your hopes and dreams come true
In every fullest measure."

 
Nancy was one of my best high school friends.  Her Mom, Gertie, was our girl scout leader.  Nancy and I were ornery and always had a lot of fun.  Her birthday is May 6th.

"A little taste of heaven
a little touch of grace,
Warm sunshine on your
shoulders, a breeze upon
your face, deep feelings
of contentment, a sense
that life is sweet - -
If all of these are yours
my friend. . . my wish
will be complete.
Happy Birthday"

I loved the label "Good Friends', cut from a piece of clothing.
  

We'll be gone for a few days to watch our oldest receive his PhD!  A few proud and happy occasion!

9 comments:

Robin Shakoor said...

Beautiful cards Cindy and congrats to your oldest. What a remarkable achievement.

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful cards!!!

Heather McMahon said...

Oh wow Cindy - you've been busy! These are all amazing! I hope your trip away goes well. Congrats!

Susanne said...

Loving these and the vintage vibe.

Tracey said...

Really pretty cards Cindy...love the sentiments you shared!

Trish said...

Wow Cindy...fantastic cards you have been busy,love them!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love this vintage look!!

Adriana B said...

fabulous cards :)

Connie Mercer said...

the cards are adorable and the news is AWESOME:)