Monday, June 1, 2015

May Cards

Our son Greg received his PhD on May 1.  We and the inlaws traveled to Minneapolis, where Greg and his wife Michelle were a wonderful host and hostess.  These cards were for them, one a graduation card for Greg and the other a thank you card for Michelle.

"The years of study are at an end
You've finally reached the top
Congratulations you've done it,
Your hard work has paid off.
You have earned your PhD
Your future can now unfold
We wish you all the very best
Family and blessings untold."

"A note to thank you and to say
The memories and your thoughtfulness
Will be remembered for many a day."  

I made these Mothers Day cards for my mom and sisters while traveling in the car on our 1000 mile+ journey to Minneapolis.  I had to fix the crookedness upon returning home!

"You're my Mother,
I would have no other!"

"There is no blessing
quite so dear. . . 
as a Sister like you
to love year after year." 

Since retiring, I have been traveling to my Moms once a week to take her to the Senior Center for chair exercise, lunch and socializing.  It's fun for me too, since I grew up in this small town.  This card is for "Boots" who turned 87 in May.  She is the mother-in-law of one of my classmates.  Boots is a lovely, sophisticated lady- impeccable dressed.  She even has her toe nails painted once a week!  I had a lot of fun with this card, particularly the feather embellishment!

My friend Debbie retired from her job as a Baker at HSC a few years back.  She has many talents, most importantly the art of enjoying everyday life.  Debbie once told me that winter was a good time to take vacation, as "there's no yard work".  I remembered that she likes to mow grass.  This home sweet home, gardening decor card looked like her.

"You're always very special
And you should know today
That you are wished the nicest things
That life can bring your way."

Jean's birthday is today.  She's a lovely mother and cashier at HSC.  I actually interviewed her twice-several years apart.  The first job was not right for her family life-when a job became available that I thought might be, I called her back.  Jean never says a bad word about anyone.  I think she made many a person's day over the years!

"You're always very special
And you should know today
that you are wished the nicest things
That life can bring your way." 

One of my mentors, Helen, a dietitian and volunteer to many good causes, passed away last week.  This card is for her brother-in-law, Tom.  

"A star in life now at rest
Shining brightly in our hearts forever." 

Have a lovely June!

5 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful cards!!!

Connie Mercer said...

You have been busy!!! Love them all!!!

Susanne said...

All of those cards will be much appreciated by the recipients. Well done. I could never craft in the car - I'd get motion sickness.

Tracey said...

Really pretty cards...great designs!

Adriana B said...

wonderful cards indeed :)