Monday, August 1, 2016

July Cards

Lorrie is the Catering Booking Person at the hospital and we've known each other for many years.  This card is for her July birthday:

"Greetings for your birthday
For a wonderful day
And a year that brings
The very best
Of everything your way."

My brother-in-law Scott celebrated his 50th birthday this month.  Scott is a geography professor, so I liked using the map papers for his card.

 "Celebration of 50 wonderful years
Full of Memories you've treasured.
May today present another day
 Of a memory of love and pleasures."

My sister Terry and her husband Nelson, married in 1970, celebrated an anniversary this month.
"This anniversary greeting is coming now to say
The heartfelt thanks we often don't say from day to day.
And for the thoughtful things you've done and all that you still do,
May all the joy you so deserve return today to you."

My nephew Jake was 21 years old this month.  The photo is Jake with his Dad and Mom-Amy and Scott-when he was a baby.

"Many joyful happy wishes
On this day you're twenty one.
May you always gaily travel
On the new road just begun,
May you find good friends and fortune
All along a happy way
May you carry golden memories
Of a truly perfect day."
 
 
My sister Amy was 50 years old this month.
"Its great to wish you Sister
A very exceptional day
With everything that's good in life
To come hurtling your way.
You know I really love you
In a caring and special way
I really hope that you have
A fun-filled 50th birthday."
 
 
My Aunt Bernice was 95 years old this month.  When we're together, she shares memory after memory of her past and even my hometown.  I enjoy every minute of our time together.
"Dear friend you are 95 today
What a wonderful life have led
Those interesting tales and knowledge you have
Glad you didn't leave them unsaid
Happy Birthday
Keep telling those wonderful stories."
 
 
Sister Amy and her husband Scott celebrated 28 years of marriage this month.  They both had birthdays too, as did their oldest son Jake.
"May the memories of all you've shared
Fill your hearts today,
And may all the coming years
Bring the love that's here to stay.
Happy wedding anniversary."
 
 
Here's the fun part:  Remember the 4 day vacation we took at the start of July to a rural cabin-where there are no electronics?  I made all of these cards there.  I added a few extra touches to the outsides and verses to the inside when I came home. I make my list and pull out some papers that remind me of them to make a kit to take with me where I worked outside on a picnic table for a short time everyday..
 
Most of the verses I use come from the internet site, "Craftstoprint.com".


 

3 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice cards!!!

Connie Mercer said...

don't make me pick~ I love them all:)

Heather Landry said...

These cards are all beautiful. I think it's wonderful that you take so much time to personalize each card. Great job!