Monday, September 18, 2017

1950s

My first house was on McCoole Road above Reeves Motor Company.  The house had hardwood floors and 6 rooms.  My sister Terry was 5 years older and in school.  I played a lot alone in our big yard.  I especially loved to swing.  When I was 2 we got our dog Toby who was with us for over 13 years and guarded 4 kids.  Our yard had a rock wall in the back where we'd often see snakes.  I sang to songs on the record player.

My neighbor friend was Fred Downey.  He and I played cowboys.  He and I would get down on the ground behind rocks and shoot at each other with toy guns.  My brother Jim was born when I was 5.

The card on the lower right was from Freddy.  His mother apparently signed it!

1 comment:

Connie Mercer said...

very cool memories. Love that you added the card!