Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"Say Cheese" Quilt from Helen

My friend Helen and I have many things in common. We share the same wedding anniversary. Helen & Phil and Bob & I were both married on September 5th. We are both registered dietitians. We met when Helen interned here in Morgantown in 2007. We both love to scrapbook. One of my favorite times was when we cropped together at Covenant School.

Last week she sent me this lovely quilt that she designed and made. Not only is it a beautiful combination of colors and materials (I love the birds nests and houses in the pattern), it's centered around a camera! Here's Helen and the center element:

The inscription says "Special for Cindy, from Helen in Ca, 9-2-11". This beautiful heirloom is now displayed on the wall in our bedroom.

A digi-layout of Janice, Helen & I meeting outside a scrapbook store after a professional meeting in 2008.

6 comments:

A SASSY SCRAPPER said...

Oh, Cindy.....what a LOVELY gift from your friend!!! Thanks for leaving some love on my blog....you're a SWEETIE!

Patty

Nancy said...

What a special gift!!! truly wonderful!

Amy said...

How cool. I LOVE that quilt. Such a special gift!!

Darlene S. said...

I LOVE getting happy mail, especially handmade ones! How special! The paper on that digi layout is fabulous! :)))

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Amazing digi LO! Love these colors and design! ~ Blessings

The Scrappy Cottage said...

What a wonderful friend and what a gift.....