Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cecils Deli

This page is modeled after Piradee Talvanna's "Kyoto City Walking Map" in Creating Keepsakes Budget-Friendly Scrapbooking Magazine.

Greg and Michelle had lots of favorite places to share with us and the first was a fun deli in downtown St. Paul. The owner knew them and they knew we'd enjoy the delicious sandwiches on fresh baked breads with signature sides. I loved my salmon salad on whole wheat and was equally impressed with the owner speaking bilingual to his attentive staff.


I found this paper "Shady Lane RV Park" from October Afternoon's Road Map collection which is a map of Minnesota that details where Greg & Michelle live and work, where they will marry and some of their favorite places to visit. I scanned it for my piece in this layout so I would have the paper to use again.

I made my title alpha by printing the "Academy Engraved" font onto a transparency and cutting around it.

October 2011

9 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE that map paper & the fork/knife is perfect too!!

Debbie said...

Great layout! Love how you incorporated the map into the layout.

Margo said...

Lovely LO !
Hugs
Margo

Micupoftea said...

SOOOO cool...love the map & fork! Nice work :)

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

How amazing is this layout! Love the colours and the map :) Reminds me of my scouting days...awww!! :)

reneabouquets said...

Super cool layout Cindy! Lovin' the utensil chippies, the maps and the photos!

JJ Sobey said...

I like the chipboard utensils on this - nice touch!

misty said...

very cool...I love map and the fork!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

That map paper is such a great find!! Love the fork and knife chipboard for this LO!! Our song is getting married soon too - in December. Such a fun time. ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/