Sunday, October 30, 2011

Somebody's Following You

I normally create layouts with photos of people I love. . . but this one was fun just the same. The words are from a song by the Eagles:
"Back over your shoulder you've got an icy chill. Man, you thought you'd get away with it. . . Now you know you never will. There's a Jack-O Lantern moon in the midnight sky.. . Down in the graveyard on that old tombstone there's a big black crow calling you home."

Pictures from McHenry Md. (mist on Deep Creek), Kingwood Pike near our house (moon), Boston Burial Grounds. Here's the layout I made in 2007 after we got the pictures of the moon:

Journaling: "I thought it might be a "new moon" (2 full moons in 1 month), but that occurred May 31st. But I couldn't pass up the chance on the last day of June, 2007, to get a picture of the gorgeous earth satellite. It was a perfect night. After taking Chris home from a night at the movies with friends, Bob & I drove up to the Kingwood Pike overpass. We didn't even get out of the car, as he steadied his long lens on the side mirror while taking slow exposures of the celestial orb. With only an occasional passing car, it was a moment just for us."

9 comments:

Carin McDonough said...

Two lovely layouts and I love the journaling on the second one :)

Micupoftea said...

oooooooh,ahh, love the spooky feel of the top LO and mystical vibe of the full moon page! Great LOs. Pages without people are also very nice to document one's life! Nice work on both~

Marilyn said...

Two great pages!! love the moon pic!
Hugs! :)

Trina said...

These pages look really cool! Don't beat me - I am pretty sure you meant blue moon. A new moon happens when you can't see the moon 2 weeks before a full moon... :D

Erum Tasneem said...

beautiful LO's. I love the picture of the moon, looks to beautiful. Sorry havnt stopped by lately, not feeling well/

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

Hi me again.
What lovely LO's the new moon LO is my fav
chris

JJ Sobey said...

Awesome moon pics!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Great LO's, Cindy!! Love how you added your journaling to the photos themselves. Great fussy cutting and use of rub-ons!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/