Monday, February 27, 2012

Bistro

Last week when we took vacation from work, we spent 2 days traveling around Winchester, Virginia. We love Old Towne Winchester and the Village Bistro is a very nice place to eat. That day we both got the feature "crab quiche" and salad.

To make the matching pop-up flowers, I first scanned the background paper. Then I cropped around the flowers and sized them slightly smaller than the original. I electronically pasted the flowers onto an inexpensive cardstock and printed them. I then used my scissors to cut around the flowers, added a button center and sewed them to my page. With hybrid scrapbooking, anything is possible!

Here are 2 old layouts with pictures from the same restaurant. It's a special place to go!

13 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

FAN FAB U LAS layouts!!!
Looks like it was GOOD Times GOOD food....... ♥♥

Maya Ariffin said...

Love your layout especially Bistro! Love how you made it into a hybrid! :D

Wish I could find time to paper scrap more! Lol! Have a nice day dear :)

Heather Landry said...

I love that you scanned the paper so you could pop out some of the flowers! What an awesome idea Cindy! I'm going to have to try that in the future.

Shona said...

thes are both gorgeous and I love your little trips :)

Lizzyc said...

Hi Cindy... wow.. i just had a look at your blog, and i am impressed with your creations.. fabulous work.. and thanks for the tip about your hybrid scrapping and the flowers in this layout.. that is a great idea for making your paper go further especially if you want to use a certain design many times.. thanks for the inspiration.. and thank you for coming by my blog too!!

Carin McDonough said...

Oh I love this layout and what a fantastic idea to scan the paper for some matching flowers!:)

Lauren Loves To Scrap said...

Love the flowers!

KellyCreates said...

Very cool how you made the hybrid flowers!! Thanks for sharing, Cindy :)

Shell said...

2 great LO's Cindy! TFS!

Margo said...

Hmmm the crab quiche looks and salad looks so yummie, makes me hungry ! Lovely LO and pics !
Hugs
Margo

Amy said...

Love the flower paper & how you popped some of them....perfect embellies!

Marilyn said...

Hi Dear!!
Looks like you had a Wonderful time, Cindy!! Great pictures and pages! I need a vacations, too.
A big hug!! :)

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What wonderful LO's!! Love those flowers, thanks for the how to! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/