Friday, March 16, 2012

Beautiful Untouched

At 86, life isn't easy for my Mom. She's happy here though, joining her daughters Terry and Cindy for lunch in LaVale. February 2012

I made this layout near St. Patrick's Day as my Mom has family from Ireland and her favorite color (like mine) is green. I loved this picture of her, which is "untouched" as I thought she looked absolutely beautiful with no makeup and the wind blowing through her hair.


For the top border, I mixed modeling paste with a touch of acrylic paint, then spread it over the Tim Holtz mask adhered to a dark green background. I cut around the best impressions for my top border, and stamped onto the dried paste with a darker turquoise color. In my picture, I covered the credit card signs and the store logo with my journaling block and pp shamrock so that it wouldn't look like an advertisement.

Wishing you all the "luck of the Irish"!

10 comments:

2amscrapper said...

Everything about this is perfect, amazing, and wonderful!

Margo said...

Perfect LO with perfect picture !
Hugs
Margo

Amy said...

What a beautiful page about a beautiful lady!!

scrapbookertink said...

Love the border, happy St Patrick's day, take care, Doreen x

Unknown said...

beautiful page!

Karen Shady said...

such a beautiful LO Cindy :) your Mum looks very happy, I can see why you wouldnt want to touch this photo... Your modling paste technique is brilliant xx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Lovely work! You've done a fantastic job here!!!

Rita Barakat said...

Beautiful! great lo for a beautiful lady!

Carin McDonough said...

Beautiful layout and your Mom looks stunning! I love what you have done with the texture paste! :)

Sharon Fritchman said...

My mom is 81!!! She's keeps busy and looks so young, just like your mom! I am in awe of your lovely layout, Cindy!