Thursday, March 8, 2012

Take Me There

My scrapbook friend Rochelle commented on an older photo of hers by asking, "Don't you wish you could just twitch your nose and be there again?" That's one of the joys of scrapbooking is that it "takes you there".

These pictures are from our winter vacation. The picture of me was taken at the end of a day we'd enjoyed traveling around the Winchester countryside. Bob and I were waiting for our dinner at the Daily Grind on the Old Time Winchester plaza. Earlier that day while in Middleburg we soaked in the unusually warm February sunshine by sitting at an outside table to enjoy our coffee and a Linzer heart cookie from a local bakery. So you see, I'll go there again and again by looking at my pages.
2012

12 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Awesome, Cindy! yes, this is what scrapping is all about! No need to twitch our noses to get there - we can go just by looking at our beautiful pages, like this one!!!!!

Unknown said...

Cindy, this layout is absolutely adorable! Thank you for sharing!
Hugs ~gerry~

Charlotte Brochu said...

Gorgeous layout Cindy! I love that flower and the stamping behind your photo! Looks great!

Shona said...

beautiful Cindy, love the colors and the story that goes with the photos ...

Briana Johnson said...

Gorgeous page - great colors. Did you mist and paint on the background - it's so soft but still so interesting. And that big fabric flower - LOVE that.

madscrappertoo said...

Love what you did here.. Great design!!

Micupoftea said...

Oh, I LOVE the LO title! WOnderful candid photos,Cindy. Such a great concept...yes, the pages do have the ability to transport us, eh?
xox

Margo said...

Waaw you have made some lovely LO's !
Hugs
Margo

reneabouquets said...

So wonderfully done Cindy! That is one of the reasons I love scrapbooking, it can take me back to all those times I miss so much, and give me that moment back, if only for a moment!

Heather Landry said...

I absolutely agree. Through our albums we can time travel and go anywhere, anytime! Just by looking at a scrapbook page. Completely awesome page Cindy. (As always!)

KellyCreates said...

How very very true...and isn't that why we all scrapbook? Mind you, I'd actually like to be THERE in that bakery eating that amazing heart cookie right NOW :)

Amy said...

Love this page & AMEN to the reason why we scrap!!