Saturday, March 3, 2012

Blandy Farm

In 1926, Graham F. Blandy gave a portion of his estate, the Tuleyries, to the University of Virginia to educate "boys farming in the various branches". The 2 story century old brick slave quarters was enlarged and converted into an arboretum. Containing a diverse collection of trees and wooden shrubs, the Blandy Experimental Farm was designated the Virginia State Arboretum in 1986. Photos 2012.


All of the beautiful papers I've used in my latest "winter vacation" layouts were purchased at Studio Art Gallery in Winchester. It's never hard for me to get the discount for quantity paper purchases. The store does not have a website to my knowledge, nor can be found under "scrapbook store" searches. Rather I found it under an "art supplies" search. They are in the same shopping center as a brand new Hobby Lobby, yet there is no competition in terms of who has the best papers.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

This is beautiful. I love how you layered the photos. I'm in love with Virginia. The history is amazing.

misty said...

beautiful! are those leaves real...they look awesome!

Unknown said...

just so beautiful design !!

hugs carla

Amy said...

Wow....very cool how you layered the elements to give such dimension!