Saturday, December 22, 2012

Going Home

Starting our drive to Maryland, Dad's 91 year old cousin Bernice said "I'm going home!".  My 90 year old Dad, with macro-degeneration, and my 87 year old Mom, with severe arthritis, made a great breakfast, enjoying the gifts of family.

For the background, I added a digital texture (from the Basic Grey "Dasher" collection) to a piece of off white cardstock.  I added my pictures, strips and scraps of papers, alphas, the picture "hangers" and journaling tags to complete the layout. I love hybrid scrapping!

I hope everyone is relaxing a little on this weekend before Christmas Eve.  It was windy and snowy yesterday (the first day of winter) here in West Virginia, and a great day to feed the birds.

4 comments:

Heather Landry said...

This is such a wonderful page. You are so lucky to have so many family members around. Beautifully scrapped project! Merry Christmas!!

Micupoftea said...

Wow...so many relatives that are vessels full of family lore and knowledge. What a blessing to spend time with them! Nice title work and candid pics~
Merry Christmas :)

Carin McDonough said...

Fab layout Cindy and what lovely photos to have! Hope you have a Wonderful Christmas! :)

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such wonderful family memories here to treasure! Love your fussy cutting and digital elements!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/