Monday, December 17, 2012

Welcome Santa

The Olde Tyme Christmas in Harper's Ferry is so much fun.  This year's Santa did not have as good a beard as Bob's!

To make my banner, I typed "Welcome Santa" using a block font, then printed and cut around the words.  I ran those through my Xyron sticker maker and attached to the canvas trim.  I "hung" it like the actual banner which was strung across the street in Harper's Ferry.

I purchased 3 cards of the black poinsettia buttons for $2.00 at an antique shop last summer.  

Hope everyone has time to relax in this holiday season!

 
 

15 comments:

Marilyn said...

love the line of buttons and the lovely pics..Cute page!!!
hugs!

Adriana - DRIARTE said...

Very pretty layout and gorgeous photos.
Hugs.

Keren Tamir said...

Love the photos you use on your layouts they always have so much character

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

So gorgeous!! Love the b/w flower and the poinsettia buttons were an amazing find and so perfect here!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

kate blue said...

This is actually one of my all-time favs....the layered flakes with the vintage buttons are awesome !!!

Heather McMahon said...

I vote for Bob to be Santa next year! This is lovely Cindy. Love those buttons and the way you mimicked the real banner!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh my goodness, Cindy! I just LOVE this page so much for so many reasons! The photos are awesome, as always, and, well, Bob's beard - he should BE Santa!!!!! Your page is beautifully designed, as always, my friend!

Charlotte Brochu said...

I just love that you have a photo with Santa! Very sweet page!

Heather Landry said...

What a beautiful page! I especially love the buttons.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Such a lovely and striking, balanced layout!!

Rachael Funnell said...

Such a GREAT layout Cindy....

Unknown said...

Hi Cindy! I love how you created the banner to replicate the one in your photo, how fun!!! What a great page!!

Keri said...

Ooh, those vintage poinsettia buttons are a perfect complement to the gorgeous victorian-santa photos, love it Cindy!

Micupoftea said...

LOVE those buttons! Nice page, Cindy :)

Sandy Ang said...

such a fun page with santa !