Sunday, September 2, 2018

August Cards

My card to my Mom on her 93rd birthday included an envelope with paper dolls on the inside.
I hope she took a few minutes to play with them as I loved those as a young child.

Today is very special,
And I just want you to know, 

 How much I really appreciate you, 

 Even though it may not show,  

The love I have within my heart, 

 Is especially for you,  

For there's no mother
in the whole wide world,  
Who is loved as much as you!
One of my oldest childhood friends had a birthday this month.  Fred was a DJ on the local radio when he was a young adult.
Music is your passion, You live  your life to the  beat, 
You lose  yourself in the music, 
The rhythm starts as you  take the seat, 
On your birthday, 
Let's  have a  massive, loud drum roll.  
My brother-in-law Scott's Mother Shirley had a transplant this month.  The card is for her.

They say everyone has an Angel,
That's close to them each day,
Who watches and protects them,
And at night never goes away,
May you feel their light upon you,
Healing you as you rest,
So that one day soon,
Not very far from now,
You'll soon be feeling your best.
      

My friend Helen and husband Phil welcomed their second daughter this month. Helen is a registered dietitian (like me) and I thought she'd like the "sweet pea" analogy.

Wishing your family a happy and healthy life together.


This card is for my cousin Jim who retired from his job at the Department of Natural Resources.


It is time for you

To look back with pride
and satisfaction
on years well lived
And look forward to
all the things
you get to enjoy!
Congratulations & Best
 Wishes on your retirement.


A birthday card for my life-long friend Denise. Fall is her favorite season.



Friends will come and friends will go,
The seasons change and it will show,
I will age and so will you,
But our friendship stays, strong and true.

Card verses from craftsuprint.com





 
   
  

2 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

They are all so neat but the first one isso special!!

Trish said...

Gorgeous cards Cindy,I love them all but your Mums is my fav.