Monday, November 22, 2010

Little Angels


"Christmas 1961 was the year my dad got his new Kodak Brownie 'Star Flash' camera. This was his first 'modern' camera and he put it into action early so he could get some action shots on Christmas morning. These two photos show my brother David and I garbed in our matching red sweaters and bow ties. The tree was placed in our dining room. My mom became the photographer for the second shot, which includes my dad and his aunt, Della Given, who lived in St. Albans for many years. My dad's camera took size 127 film and made 12 shots on a roll. As tight as he was about taking pictures, the roll from Christmas 1961 probably also has shots from summer vacation 1962." Journaling by Bob

Digital Elements (Michelle Coleman "Twilight in My Garden") (Cottage Arts Scrap Edges 9)

The Bo Bunny paper came in a packet with Scrapbook Magazine.

4 comments:

Charlotte Brochu said...

How great to have Bob do the journalling for his page! Reading things like that is just such a thrill for future generations and for those here too! I love what you've done here! Really great LO!

Alia said...

Such great journaling, Cindy! I have to say at first I was thinking, wow, Cindy was dressed in a tie with very short hair as a little girl LOL but now see that this is your husband :) Very very sweet!

D said...

What a great memory to scrapbook Cindy! I love the embellishment "The Brownie Camera page".

Darlene S. said...

Haha. When using film, doesn't everyone conserve the film tightly? I couldn't even tell you what is on some of the film rolls I have.. hey now, why haven't I developed those yet?