Friday, November 5, 2010

Same Twinkle


I store some seasonal clothes in an old Samsonite suitcase in our closet. When I was pulling out some warmer clothes last weekend, I pulled out this keepsake sweater I wore in 1973 when Bob and I first met as young college students. The sweater is embellished with sparkly majorettes and he called me "Twinkle" when I wore it. Here are the pictures of me taken 36 years apart in that same sweater.

Journaling:
"After 36 years, I like that I can still fit in the same shirt and that you still bring out that same twinkle in my eyes.
1974 & 2010. Same Shirt, Same Smile, Same Sentiment"

The 1974 photo was in Bob's old portfolio and titled "Girl at Rock Concert". It was taken at a Doobie Brothers Concert at the WVU Coliseum.

Digital Frames (Basic Grey) (Cottage Arts) Journaling Block (Basic Grey)

8 comments:

Alia said...

How cute are you!! Glad to see you're prepping for your SYDT work!!! :)

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

you can actually fit into your old sweater!!!! how amazing is that! Love the sentiment in your journaling.

Peggy said...

Gorgeous LO, love seeing you in that same sweater 36 years apart. After 20 years my husband still is able to make my eyes sparkle ... sadly I'm not even going to try and fit in the clothes I wore then LOL.
xxx Peggy

Debbie said...

What a sweet layout Cindy! Wish I could fit into what I wore 36 years ago!

Charlotte Brochu said...

I love all those sparkle elements in your LO! Looks really pretty!

jannekevanveen said...

i love it!!

Alia said...

You're on my blog Cindy :)

Darlene S. said...

Cindy, your journaling always tugs at my heartstrings! I love your style! :)