Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Scrapbook from 1964


Next week I join my friend Alia and 8 other artists on the Scrap-yourself design team. This is my bio photo shown holding scrapbooks I've made over the decades. The book I'm holding was made summer of 1964. A very wise teacher assigned us that project to do about our summer activities. I have journaling of scout camps, drawings of badges, collections of butterflies, horse show programs and a collection of paper napkins we'd stamped using carved potatoes dipped in paint! (I'll have to remake that one!) Best yet......I used my own handwriting! The book has a 29 cent price tag on the front. I think it's priceless!

9 comments:

Charlotte Brochu said...

Congrats Cindy! I know you'll do an awesome job!

Unknown said...

Hi Cindy!
Once again BIG CONGRATS on the Design Team Spot! Can`t wait to see you work! hugs, Gerry

Alia said...

What a treasure, Cindy!! You've always done such a good job scrapping yourself -- you'll be a "natural" on the DT!! :)

Donna Spina Lebeduik said...

Wow! That is really cool Cindy! Congrats on your design team status!

Kay F said...

Congratulations Cindy! Wow, you've got a lengthy history of scrapping! How wonderful for you!

VAWM said...

Cindy, Fabulous! Aren't you glad to have those memories!

Debbie said...

What a sweet picture of you Cindy. Can't wait to see what you create for your new DT spot!!! I know it will be great!

kate blue said...

awesome!!! will have to check out Chalese's site tomorrow....love the stuff you have in the background too :)

Darlene S. said...

That is such a treasure!!! How great that you have such memories from that time. :) You are an inspiration to me. :)