Saturday, August 10, 2013

Hot Peaches & Cream

I am a registered dietitian and healthy food expert.  In my life on the job, I manage the "Healthy Cafe" at University Hospital where I plan healthy recipes in quantity.  At home I also prepare healthy meals.  Once or twice a week I post some plates on the West Virginia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Facebook page, and will post those here too.

Here's last night's dessert, "Hot Peaches and Cream" an easy way to get the family to eat a serving of fruit.

In an oven proof skillet, place pitted peach halves skin side down in a mixture of 3/4 cup wine and 1 Tbsp. margarine.  Bring to boil for 4 minutes.  Sprinkle the peach with brown sugar.  Transfer the pan to a broiler (I used my toaster oven) and broil for 3 minutes.  Serve with ice cream.

I was inspired by a recipe in Food Network magazine.

Cindy. . . the ScrappyRD 

3 comments:

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe, Cindy!

Sharon Fritchman said...

This sounds delicious! You are so inspiring, my friend!

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious Cindy! Thank you :).