Sunday, April 18, 2010

Teach Your Children


I made this layout for a lyrics challenge on scrapbook.com (60s song). While I loved the song from Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, I never really understood the lyrics. Bob says the group was on some serious drugs (it was the late 60s!) so they weren't meant to understand. So I thought of a few things I learned from my parents and took a few statements from Grandma Marie's scrapbook for my journaling:

"Grandma taught her children respect for others. She encouraged, sometimes pushed them toward goals. She was always there. Mom taught me family history, creativity & the value of a good meal. Dad taught me work ethic. They are always there."

Photo taken on March 8, 2010 (my birthday!) in my parents garage showing our reflections in a dresser mirror.

Digital Elements (Frames: Basic Grey) (Flourish: Basic Grey "Motifica")

1 comment:

Darien said...

What a Gorgeous lo!!!!! Stunning picture!!! And i love the title!!!!